Arinna by Schibot Garne - knitting pattern in German and English.
ABOUT THIS PATTERN
This shawl is named after the important Hittite cult place of the sun goddess of Arinna, the main goddess of the Hittite pantheon. The exact location of the city is unknown, but as a holy city Arinna itself enjoyed divine veneration: the king got off the wagon in front of the city and bowed down in front of it.
This crescent shaped shawl is very easy to knit and a great pattern for beginners. The whole shawl is completely worked in garter stitch and a very simple lace pattern. To add a little of interest, you need two different colours. Arinna is finished with a pretty picot bind-off that creates decorative loops.
And now, grab your needles and yarn and cast on!
Happy knitting ♥
MATERIAL - WHAT YOU NEED
GAUGE & SIZE
- Gauge: about 20 stitches = 10cm (4'') in garter stitch, after washing (gauge is not crucial, but try to get somewhere close to it)
- Finished measurements: about 170cm (67'') x 38cm (15'') at the deepest point, after washing/blocking
- knitting back and forth on circular needles
- knit stitch
- increase: knit front back
- decrease: knit 2 stitches together
- yarn overs
- picot bind-off (explained in pattern)
I always love seeing projects that use my patterns or even my hand dyed yarns! Please show your creations in my Schibot Garne group on Ravelry!
When you knit this shawl and post pictures on Instagram, please use the hashtags #arinnashawl and #schibotgarne and make sure to tag me @schibotgarne ;-)