Surfing Socks - a knitting pattern for an asymmetrical shawl, available in German and English.
ABOUT THIS PATTERN
Flirting with the Wind is an asymmetrical shawl, which is knitted with three different colours that work well with each other.
In order for the colours to merge harmoniously, the entire fabric is knitted holding two threads together and is thus knitted relatively quickly.
The pattern is very simple: A lot of garter stitch and a simple lace pattern. Perfect for beginners!
- Works great with all variety of fingering weight yarn and dye styles.
- Download contains German and English version, each 5 DIN A 4 pages long.
GAUGE: 18 stitches x 20 rows = 10x10cm (4x4'') (garter stitch, double thread, after blocking)
YARN: 3x Schibot Garne Soft Socks (80% virgin wool, merino extrafine, 20% polyamide, 400m / 100g) in three different colours:
- colour A: about 50g (200m / 219 yards) - colourway used in sample: Landslide (light)
- colour B: about 65g (260m / 284 yards) - colourway used in sample: Rizza (medium)
- colour C: about 90g (360m / 394 yards) - colourway used in sample: Swoop (dark)
NEEDLES: circular needles 4.5 mm (US 7)
NOTIONS: darning needle, scissors
Show me your work! If you post your project on Instagram, please use the hashtag #flirtingwiththewindshawl and feel free to show your socks in our Schibot Garne Ravelry Gruppe ♥