Dipsy Doodle Scarf & Mitts (DK) by Schibot Garne - a knitting pattern for a scarf and matching mitts, in German and English.
ABOUT THIS PATTERN:
For this huge and cozy shawl you need three different colourways of my Merino 100% DK base. There will be enough yarn left to knit the matching fingerless mitts.
The Dipsy Doodle pattern is also available for thinner yarn --> Dipsy Doodle Scarf & Mitts (Soft)
The scarf as well as the mitts are quite easy to knit. Advanced knitters will have no problems with the instructions and for beginners this project is perfect to see that you can get very nice results with simple knitting stitches.
When you purchase this pattern, you will receive four files: One for the scarf, one for the mitts and these in both German and English.
The instructions contain charts, written instructions and a checklist. The pattern for the scarf are 5 pages long, for the fingerless gloves 4 pages.
- casting on
- knit and purl
- yarn overs
- slip stitches
- pass slipped stitches over
- various decreases
- scarf: knitting in rows
- mitts: knitting in the round
- binding off
- Merino 100% DK (100% Merino, 100g = 250m/273yards)
- colour A: 3 skeins, consumption scarf: ca. 270g, consumption mitts: ca. 20g
- colour B: 1 skein, consumption scarf: ca. 70g, consumption mitts: ca. 15g
- pictured colour: Finsternis
- colour C: 1 skein, consumption scarf: ca. 35g, consumption mitts: ca. 10g
- scarf: 4.5mm (US 7) circular needles
- mitts: 3.5mm (US 4) double pointed needles
- scissors and darning needle
SIZE / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS
- This rectancular scarf is about 2m (78'') long and 40cm (15.7'') wide.
- The mitts fit adults.
If you are posting your WIP or FO to Instagram then please use the #dipsydoodlescarf or #dipsydoodlemitts and #schibotgarne and I can keep up with your version! Show your projects in our Schibot Garne group on Ravelry!