Basic Soft DK Hat by Schibot Garne - a knitting pattern for a hat, in German and English.
ABOUT THIS PATTERN:
This is my basic recipe for a hat knitted with Schibot Garne Soft DK, in two colours, with a folded brim for extra warm ears and a pom-pom on top.
The pattern is written for five different sizes (from baby to adult).
This hat is seamlessly knitted in the round, is ideal for every age and sex and also goes down well as a gift!
NOTE: Pattern no longer free of charge to cover costs of the shop and working effort.
you should be able to:
- knit in the round (using circulars and double pointed needles, alternatively magic-loop method)
- knit and purl
- do various decreases
22 stitches x 30 rounds = 10 cm x 10 cm / 4x4''
(stockinette, in the round, 4.0mm / US 6 needles)
baby (toddler, child, adult medium, adult large)
Schibot Garne Soft DK (390m/150g, 80% merino extrafine, 20% polyamide)
- colour A (for brim and pom-pom, pictured „Druid"):
- about 40 (50, 55, 65, 70) g
- about 105 (130, 145, 170, 185) m
- about 115 (145, 160, 185, 205) yds
- colour B (main part, pictured „Snuggly")
- about 22 (28, 30, 35, 40) g
- about 58 (73, 78, 91, 105) m
- about 64 (80, 85, 100, 105) yds
- 1x 4.0 mm circulars (US 6)
- 1x 4.0 mm DPNs (US 6)
or needle size you need to obtain gauge
- darning needle and scissors
- 6 stitch markers (one to mark beginning of round, five more to mark decreases)
If you are posting your WIP or FO to Instagram then please use #basicsoftdkhat and #schibotgarne and I can keep up with your version! Show your projects in our Schibot Garne group on Ravelry!
You're not sure how to make a pom-pom?
Here you can find the Pompom Tutorial.
Have fun with it!