Surfing Socks - a knitting pattern for short summer socks, available in German and English.
ABOUT THIS PATTERN
- Unisex top-down ankle socks with simple texture.
- Written for knitting with double pointed needles but can be easily adapted to use the magic loop method.
- Texture pattern is very quick to memorise. Great for beginners and more experienced knitters alike.
- Works great with all variety of fingering weight yarn and dye styles.
- Detailed explanation howto knit cuff, heel, foot and toe.
- Download contains German and English version, each 7 DIN A 4 pages long.
SIZES: EU 20-47
GAUGE: 32 stitches x 44 rounds = 10 cm x 10 cm (stockinette in the round)
- 1x Schibot Garne Soft Socks (80% virgin wool, merino extrafine, 20% polyamide, 400m / 100g)
- depending on the size you want to make, you need about 20-65g
- sample shows colourway "Surfing"
NEEDLES: 1x 2.25mm (US 1.5) DPNs (or needle size to get gauge)
- darning needle, scissors
- optional: stitch markers and progress keepers
- long-tail cast on
- knit and purl
- slip stitches
- various decreases
- pick up new stitches
- knit through the back loop
Show me your work! If you post your project on Instagram, please use the hashtag #surfingsocks and feel free to show your socks in our Schibot Garne Ravelry Gruppe ♥