Dipsy Doodle Scarf & Mitts (Soft) by Schibot Garne - a knitting pattern for a scarf and matching mitts, in German and English.
ABOUT THIS PATTERN:
For this huge and cozy shawl you need three different colourways of my Soft Socks base. There will be enough yarn left to knit the matching fingerless mitts.
The Dipsy Doodle pattern is also available for thicker yarn --> Dipsy Doodle Scarf & Mitts (DK)
The scarf as well as the mitts are quite easy to knit. Advanced knitters will have no problems with the instructions and for beginners this project is perfect to see that you can get very nice results with simple knitting stitches.
When you purchase this pattern, you will receive four files: One for the scarf, one for the mitts and these in both German and English.
The instructions contain charts, written instructions and a checklist. The pattern for the scarf are 5 pages long, for the fingerless gloves 4 pages.
- casting on
- knit and purl
- yarn overs
- slip stitches
- pass slipped stitches over
- various decreases
- scarf: knitting in rows
- mitts: knitting in the round
- binding off
- Soft Socks (80% Merino extrafine, 20% polyamide, 100g = 400m/437yards)
- colour A: 3 skeins, consumption scarf: ca. 210g, consumption mitts: ca. 15g
- pictured colour: Celebration (exclusive colourway, no longer available), recommended alternative: Provence
- colour B: 1 skein, consumption scarf: ca. 60g, consumption mitts: ca. 10g
- colour C: 1 skein, consumption scarf: ca. 30g, consumption mitts: ca. 10g
- pictured colour: Don't be shy
- scarf: 3.5mm (US 4) circular needles
- mitts: 2.5mm (US 1.5) double pointed needles
- scissors and darning needle
SIZE / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS
- This rectancular scarf is about 2.2m (86'') long and 38cm (15'') wide.
- The mitts fit adults.
If you are posting your WIP or FO to Instagram then please use the #dipsydoodlescarf or #dipsydoodlemitts and #schibotgarne and I can keep up with your version! Show your projects in our Schibot Garne group on Ravelry!